Hacker News Comments on
University of Colorado Boulder, University of California San Diego
Gut Check: Exploring Your Microbiome
Hacker News Stories and CommentsAll the comments and stories posted to Hacker News that reference this url.
I got to know about microbiome sometimes last year.
Spent good amount of time on reading about it, some books I read:
* 10% Human: How Your Body’s Microbes Hold the Key to Health and Happiness (https://www.amazon.in/10-Human-Microbes-Health-Happiness/dp/...)
* Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body's Most Under-Rated Organ (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/938528861X)
* Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brainfor Life (https://www.amazon.in/dp/0316380105)
also watched the course on Coursera about Microbiome (https://www.coursera.org/learn/microbiome), it was an eye opener.
⬐ papapraFrom that reading do you have any advice, what can we do to improve our gut and health ?⬐ enkephalin⬐ felixbraunthe simplest advice would be less sugar, more fiber (and probably some omega-3 PUFAs). i'll add sources when i get home.⬐ koolhead17* Less Sugar
* Less refined/junk food
* Limited use of antibiotics
* More greens
* Add curd/yogurt (in not allergic in your diet)
* More dry fruits, nuts+1, might add this TED Talk by the author of "Gut"⬐ koolhead17⬐ nevesnice. I was not aware, she had a TED talk.If I had to read/watch just one of these, which one would recommend?⬐ NoneNone